In addition to various performance improvements, user interface updates and error corrections, this release will also include:
Deleting a project in the Windows host will prompt the user to type in the project name as confirmation of the deletion; deletion of a project is permanent and non-recoverable. If the project deleted has child projects, deleting the partition/parent will also in turn delete the children projects.
When a new user attempts to join Domain, the Domain Admin will receive a task to confirm install of any apps that would be installed to support the shares included in the invite. This will ensure no applications get installed without explicit permission from the Domain Admin.
Media Manager Application - BETA
The Media Manager application is a central repository for all photos taken on a project that are uploaded to the media component within supported applications; users can also upload photos directly into the media manager app that are not tied to specific apps or records. Certain feature enhancements (eg. Markups, Multi-Download, etc.) will be added in remaining 2020 releases to this application. The Media Manager application is included at no additional cost with the Kahua Standard license.
Note - This app must be enabled in Configuration on existing domains. This will allow the domain administrators to enable and set appropriate access in Groups prior to utilizing
Media Component - Additional Updates and Applications
The media component has been added to the following base apps and Kahua extensions, in addition to Daily Reports:
- Field Observations
We have added a Caption attribute that can be added to Word templates. When uploading the media, any content in the Comments will be pre-loaded as the Caption, which can be edited at a later date. For reference, when creating PVs that utilize the Media component, use these tokens:
Parameters: Small, Medium, Large
To include the caption under the photo:
To include the filename, location and caption under the photos separated by dashes:
[Media(ImageSize=Small,TextFormat=”\[Title\] - \[Location.ShortLabel\] - \[Caption\]”)]
If you have a custom extension in any app and would like to include the Media Component, please contact your Kahua Account Manager or a Partner developer.
Enhanced “Add Kahua Doc” for Document References
While the ability to associate a Kahua Document with one or more other Kahua Documents and/or Files has been a long-standing feature of Kahua, this capability now has several new functional and usability improvements:
- totally refreshed User Experience, incorporating larger modern UI and intuitive navigation/selection of items
- added Search Capability to help find specific documents
- improved support for Configured lists (e.g. Pre-Construction vs. Construction RFIs)
- added support for Shared lists
- added support for all Log Views (Default, System, and Personal views), which includes ability to re-sort columns
- improved File Manager navigation
Columns headers within the Reference Control can now be selected to sort the reference files as desired.
When an uploaded file contains hyperlinks, the Kahua viewer now supports navigating to the linked web page.
Expense Contract App
- Ability to default the 2 retainage values – Work Retainage Rate and Stored Material Retainage Rate – in Configuration
- Update to the display of the contract when you select a Contract in other apps, such as Change Orders and Pay Requests. Moving forward, contract select fields will display hyphens to separate the metadata to make easier to read and interpret which contract you are selecting. The format will now be: [Contract Number] – [Vendor Company] – [Contract Description]. Existing contracts will NOT be retroactively updated. New ones will adhere to this structure. To get old contracts to show this, users would have to edit/save the contract
User Interface Updates
Our Mac host continues being updated to move towards parity with the Windows app, including update of the below. The New UI for the Mac host will continue through future releases as well.
- Support for the Media component
- Consolidated Action Bar in Additional Hub Apps – consistency across forms and formatting of action bars and buttons (This will be ongoing work to continue to drive consistency each release)
- New Project Finder UI and Navigation – updated project finder UI and navigation methods that mimic those found in the Windows app today
Expired Password Support
Added support for updating an expired password on an iOS or Android device. Expired password only applies to users in companies where passwords are set to be updated on regular intervals.
Kahua Host Updates
All Kahua hosts have been updated with various enhancements and bug fixes. The Windows host will automatically update upon first launch after the release.
Download the appropriate app for your device: