If you plan to collaborate with another person or company in Kahua – such as sharing a relevant file folder with a third party to actively collaborate, or if you wish to have them reply to approvals in workflow - they will need to be invited to Kahua if they are not already a Kahua User.
- First, add them as a contact. Instructions in the Article about Contacts.
- Click on the contact in the log view of the user you wish to invite. Their profile will show up in the right pane of your screen.
- Click on Invite to Kahua of their profile details.
- A window will allow you to select the Project you’re inviting them to collaborate on and select a template if applicable (see section on Kahua Invitation Templates for more details).
- This sends an email invitation to the contact to join Kahua – which will contain a unique registration link to set up an account. If the user mentioned they did not receive the email, please have them check spam. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When a user joins Kahua, a green globe appears by their name in the Contacts app – this indicates that the contact is an active user. If they are a third party, they will NOT have access to your domain at this time unless you intentionally share an app with them during the invite process or after.
- It is recommended to invite external contacts from the contacts applications and internal contacts for your domain through the Users app. See the Internal User section for details.