Kahua provides Domain Administrators (and those with proper permissions) to configure applications to meet business process needs, without coding or customizing within applications.
Configuration of applications may mean altering the ‘view’ that users see in a form – whether this be hiding fields, defaulting values, changing lookup values, or making fields required. It can also mean setting up specific workflow patterns that meet your company’s policies, or automating a specific process such as daily reports.
Below we outline a high level overview of the tabs available in the Configuration application within Kahua. For many of the below, please see additional articles that better detail the step-by-step process to complete a certain task within configuration.
Upon opening the application Configuration in the Administration section of the Apps menu, users may see all of the below tabs (or a portion) depending on permission.
NOTE: When configuring, configuration will be inherited by all children projects/partitions in the hierarchy below, unless explicitly overridden. To configure for the domain (all partitions), ensure the Navigation bar is displaying your company’s name (the ‘root’ of the domain). To configure for a specific partition or project, navigate to that partition/project in the Project Finder.
- Applications – list of applications available to configure. Within the Applications tab, activities that may take place include:
- Approvals – Kahua allows for company’s to define linear workflow in line with company business processes for cost applications. Approvals may be utilized and configured for cost applications, and consist of flexible Review and Signature workflows for each application. In this tab, the Review and Signature workflows for each cost app may be defined, including determination of task type (Kahua or DocuSign), order of approvals, any thresholds associated with the approval roles, and any additional workflow logic.
- Archiving – ability to archive a specific project, making it read-only for users
- Automation – ability to create / define automated processes, such as automation of daily reports to be created for a project
- Currency – ability to set a partition / project’s default currency
- Settings – ability to configure specific project-wide settings, including ability to disable outbound emails
- Weather – ability to set postal code for a specific project/partition, as well as define the capture frequency of weather for that postal code. This is often utilized for project’s utilizing daily reports, in which they wish to use Kahua to capture weather on the report. Kahua utilizes Accuweather to capture weather for that specific postal code if set up
- Invitation Templates – ability to set up / templatize invitation templates for sharing specific applications with new users external to your company; see User Management section for more detail on this process