If your company determines that new groups with different permission levels better align with the company's policy or business processes, a domain admin can create a group by following steps below:
- Open the Groups app at the domain/root (where Navigation bar states ‘Company Name’) and click Create Group
- Provide a name for the Group and click Save.
- Click on the Permissions tab on the right side of your screen and click Edit.
- Customize the permissions for this new group as you see fit by clicking the down arrow to the left of the application name.
- Click Save
- Click on the Members sub-tab to add users to the new group. Recall that you should navigate to the proper partition in the Navigation Bar before adding or removing users to a group. If you add them at a partition, they will have that permission for all projects from that point in the hierarchy downward, unless overridden somewhere deeper in the hierarchy.
Note: if a user is in two groups, they will take on the permission of whichever has higher permissions to each app.
For more information on Adding/Removing Users from a group, or updating permissions in an existing group, see below articles: