When a user registers for their Kahua account, they are defaulted to the Domain User group for the domain. It is important that you review the permissions that default in this group to ensure new users can perform the functions you would expect them to.
To add or remove a user to or from a group, please follow the instructions below:
- Prior to adding a user to a group, ensure that you are in the correct partition. The permission will be inherited down the hierarchy unless overridden.
- Open the Groups app at the proper partition in the hierarchy.
- In the Log on the left side of the screen, select the group that you would like to add/remove a user from.
- In the Detail pane on the right side of the screen, you will see a user list for that group on the Members tab.
- To add a person to this group, click in the field titled ‘Type names of people to add:’ and select the user’s name from the drop-down menu
- Once the contact’s name has been selected, click Add to the right of their name.
- To remove a user from the group, select the contact’s name from the list of users.
- Click Remove and confirm in the ‘Remove Member’ pop-up.
For more information on Updating Permissions in a group, see here.